Suggest an Idea

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export partial week hours to QuickBooks

Export partial week to QuickBooks Online. The 1st time I tried this software, I manually put in all hours for the pay period, which ended on a Monday (I exported onTuesday). Each employee had 8 hours listed for that Monday. I exported hours out to QBOnline and it did not transfer the 8 hours for that Monday. I was told that the system was configured to calculate overtime from Sunday to Saturday, and since I exported on Tuesday, Monday's time did not export. I was told that I need to turn Overtime calculations off, export the time, then turn Overtime…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring over QuickBooks customer description into TSheets

When I create a sub-customer in QuickBooks, I enter information in the description which auto-populates for my employees on their time sheets when they're entering it using QB, but that description is not coming over into the TSheets app. Without it auto-populating in TSheets, it means I will have to go in and add it manually to every time entry. That's a deal breaker there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Time Imported into Quickbooks to be Matched to Notes & Time Already Entered

It would be nice to match time exported from TSheets to time already entered in QuickBooks. Since we bill daily for time that hasn't yet been approved, it would be nice when I sync at the end of the day to not have to go through and delete duplicates.

It could be done either with a list that comes up that could be potential matches and you choose if any are matches, or, pick and choose what time to export from TSheets.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Multiple Payroll Items to Custom Fields Map Per Employee

Have the ability to use the payroll map to override by service items but each employee gets payed a different rate for the same service item.

We have many "regular" payroll items set up, and I would like to be able to assign some (more than one) to each employee. Similar to how you can assign customers/jobs to each employee in the "Manage Employees" area.

ie. We have framing-employee, framing-corp, painting-employee and painting-corp. I would like to be able to assign framing-employee and painting-employee to the employees and framing-corp and painting-corp to the corporate officers. (There are more than these…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Elise responded

This is a great idea! It has come up more often and is common. Let’s see if we can get more votes :)

6. Allow you to add time to a previously entered time transaction with same client using same service item and update the notes

We work on several different clients throughout the day. Usually they have the same service item and we just need to add more time and more notes to the current time. Currently you must add a new time with new notes. So when it imports into QB you have several lines with same info. This doesn't work well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exclude invoice creation in for a client in Quickbooks from being considered an update during an import

I have clients in Quickbooks that have recurring monthly fees but no service projects. In order to simplify the time entry process, it's better to have only clients with open projects as active in tsheets. However, every time a monthly invoice is generated in QB, the archived client in Tsheets is activated because the invoice generation is considered an "update" to the client. Couldn't updates to a client only be based on the client profile and not activity that affects the financials?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Importing Names into TSheets from QuickBooks

It would be great if we could pick and chose which Employees, Customers and Vendors are imported into TSheets without having to inactivate them. My clients will often have a customer:job still open with a receivable but the job is actually finished and should not be in TSheets. Also, lots of vendors have first and last name in their set-up but are not service providers. Or maybe they do provide services, but it's not chargeable to a customer. Having to manually manipulate all these set-ups is pretty massive. If we could just click on which are to be imported would…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to assign a Quickbooks class to all PTO codes that are setup.

The existing system today requires us to manually input all the classes into QuickBooks for all PTO codes that our employees enter. We would like to be able to either assign a default class (by employee) or better yet, have employees required to enter a class associated with that PTO code.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Date Stamp Button in the Notes Field

I'd like to see the Date stamp & Employee Name transfer to the QuickBooks Notes field so that it can end up on the invoice line items.

Please put 2 buttons in the Notes field area.

1. Date Stamp: This will allow auto-insert the date into the notes field (which will then transfer to the QuickBooks timesheet notes and thus, to the Invoice.)

2. Employee Name Stamp: This will auto-insert the Employee's name into the notes field (which will then transfer to the QB Timesheet Notes and then to Invoice line items.)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Elise responded

This is a great idea for our product! Please continue to vote and add comments to the idea.

11. Email addresses should not be pulled from the employee files in QuickBooks.

We keep our home email address in the employee files in Quickbooks. I end up getting the weekly hours report (as I am the admin) to my home email address. This just isn't helpful. I then end up having to forward it to work so I have a copy and also forward it to the managers I think will be interested. That QB information just shouldn't be what is pulled.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add validation to notes field to allow only characters supported by Intuit Sync.

We recently ran into an issue where timesheets would export from TSheets successfully, but when syncing in QuickBooks, an error would occur and the hours would not sync. It turned out that the timesheets would not sync because one of the time sheets had special character in the notes field. Validation should be added to the notes field so that special characters prohibited by Sync are not allowed so this issue does not occur.

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/SLN47514

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Control which service items get exported into QuickBooks

Our sales reps would like to track their estimating/sales hours. But, of course they don't get paid for this commission based activity. I would like to control or designate certain service items not to export to prevent from having to delete this one service item once exported.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic Service items in mobile for each individual customer view pulled from their Estimates and invoices

Here is my suggestion to how this topic of the app should function:
    If there is an estimate or invoice for the specific job number (or sub-customer on QBO), TSheets recognizes the service items on the estimate(s) or invoice(s) and makes ONLY those available for viewing on the mobile services list!

HOWEVER, there should be a simple button at the bottom that says "view all service items" Therefore, if you run into a job where you have to do a service not originally associated with the estimate or invoice you will have the clocking in and out capability!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option for All newly imported customers from Quickbooks, to import into TSheets as Unassigned

Option for All newly imported customers from Quickbooks, to import into TSheets as Unassigned

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Import only 1099 Contractors as Vendors

I would like to be able to specify 'Upload 1099 vendors only' in QB versus all vendors with a full name.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Send Start and End time to QuickBooks

When synchronizing to QuickBooks, the notes from the time clock goes into the description field when creating an invoice.

I would like to be able to send the Start Time and End Time along with the notes into the description field of the invoice. Customers that get an invoice for billable time, would also like to see the Actual Start time and End time, rather then just see a total time billed.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base